Wednesday, July 29, 2009

sisters...

I thought my facebook page was my face book page. What I didn't realize was that these snippets I make become pieces of other people's pages. And, whatever shows up in someone else's space they feel the right to decorate in a manner of their own choosing. Unfortunately, the pieces that I made co me back to me covered with the graffiti of others' ideas. mm.

And all this to leave me wondering why, oh why, my sister is my sister. Why god did two people so radically different choose to be born from the same womb? I keep thinking that if somehow I could figure out the right words, figure out why someone like this is in my life, things would finally go smoothly.

Part of me, the part that's pretty tired of her being who she is and not who I think I should have in my life as a 'sister', wants to attack.

"where is this Christianity you keep talking about? I've been watching your actions for the past few years now and I just don't see it. You say Jesus is at the wheel - but who's the monkey at the keyboard?"

But I can't do that. She will only be who she has been created to be. I keep coming back to the notion that my siblings are in my life so that I might learn unconditional love. I don't get to decide who they should be and how they should act before I decide to show them love.

No comments: