Wednesday, October 1, 2008

escaping flatland

Are you walking anywhere or just sort of wandering in a forward direction? Are you aiming for the light or just trying to avoid the dark? Do you seek awakening or merely hope to stay alert enough to watch “Survivor”?

Do I feel like an animal stuck in your hot car? Do I feel like I’m always walking with a pebble in the shoe… while I to push a rock uphill… wearing high heels?

What do we need? And if we find it do we really want it should it mean giving up what this territory of life we’ve mapped with our limited understanding? Could we give up being amused, pacified, entertained even for a minute should finding that thing we need mean that we can no longer sit on the sidelines and live life as in the confines of day to day to day passing? The question lives in the middle of everything, trapped in a space made raw. It tries to get out. I try and reach in to grab it. But not too much. Not enough. Just enough to irritate.

No comments: